It’s time for a change…
You have dreams of changing your stars, and being able to go on vacations (and maybe a romantic cruise with the hubs).
But right now your happily ever after is on your Pinterest boards, instead of in your hands. And it’s time to fix that.
I see you.
You’re at your desk, but you’re procrastinating…there’s so much to do, and you’re not sure where to start. Should you write your blog post? Or finish that painting? You can see the toys the kids have strewn about, and you know there’s laundry to be done.
Your desk is covered in doodles & sketches of half-formed ideas, the kids are screaming lines to “Let It Go” over the top of each other (they do know there’s more than 3 lines in the song, right?), and the noise is enough to make you feel like you’re going crazy. And if that wasn’t bad enough, you catch a faint whiff of coffee…which is in the microwave…for the 3rd time. And it was your favorite owl mug too. It’s just been that kind of day.
You’re not unhappy with life exactly, but you are frustrated. You remember the days when you had a job…a job you hated, but at least you felt important. And needed. And useful. And while there’s no denying that being a wife & mom is fulfilling, it doesn’t pay the bills, much less bring in the kind of income you dream of. You’re tired of feeling relegated to yoga pants, and mussed-up ponytails. And you’d really like to go one whole day without having peanut butter smeared on your shirt…or boogers.
[dt-testimonials testimonialstype=”grid” columns=”dt_testimonials_grid_6″ showauthor=”yes” showtestimonial=”yes” testimonialorder=”recentfirst”]
(^^Really sweet comments from amazing women I’ve worked with^^)
So who am I?
Iiiiiiinnnn West Philadelphia born & raised…wait..no…that’s the Fresh Prince. *I* was raised in Texas, and that’s really where I was most of my days. And then I joined the military and went alllllll the way to….New Mexico. Wheee. So much for world travel, right? (Hint: It’s not another country…it’s a state, and it’s next door to Texas. Literally.)
This could get super-crazy long (I’m kinda long winded sometimes) so here’s the CliffsNotes version…
- I was in the military, until I met this super awesome dude at my fitness center. And we got married.
- I separated from the military…on the day before my wedding. Literally.
- After separating I felt disjointed, and purposeless. I no longer had a mission.
- I’m all about family (we now have 5 kids, and I homeschool), so a job-job wasn’t an option.
- I started in virtual assistance, but it wasn’t working out, so I switched to coaching.
But here’s the deal…I’m more than a coach. I don’t just guide you to find your own answers, I’m a sounding board for ideas. I have new perspectives to offer. I’m a cheerleader, a strategist, and when necessary I hand out gentle nudges.
So the question became…what am I? I hate the word “consultant”. It makes me feel like I’m in a law firm or something. Something very buttoned up. Yuck! So after playfully debating this with some friends, I settled on “business strategist & unicorn wrangler”.
I know right now, you’re probably thinking…unicorn wrangler? Let me explain. Unicorns are adorable creatures, but they’re wildly distracting. They’re the ooh-shiny moments that are keeping you from being your best & brightest. So you need someone to help wrangle them into submission!
I’ve been there. I know what it’s like to stay up until 3am, because inspiration finally struck, and you don’t want to risk losing it. I’ve stared at my creations, wondering if it’s as good as I think it is. I’ve also stared at my creations, awed because someone likes it, and I wasn’t even sure if it was that good!
Back to CliffsNotes:
- I’m a fibercrafter (mostly crochet!), papercrafter, photographer, writer, and really anything else I feel like playing around with. I don’t just get creatives. I am creative.
- I’m a homeschool mom with a husband who was military, who has a nursing baby right now. What does this mean? I’m used to working around bizarre schedules, and creating unique work hours.
- I’m a fellow visionary. My dreams include hiring my best friend as an on-retainer graphics designer, setting my husband free from his job, and visiting a panda reserve in China. 🙂
- I lurve personality quizzes. (I’m an INFP, Catalyst, and Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing.)
- I don’t believe in forcing you into someone else’s rhythm. I believe in finding YOUR best methods.
The Creative Spark Society
“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.”
There’s so many sayings on this subject…you’re an average of the 5 people you spend the most time with…birds of a feather flock together…
The point is that we’re influenced by the people we surround ourselves with. That’s why it is imperative (whipping out the ol’ SAT vocabulary to make my point here! 😉 ), to have an awesome support team. Especially when you’re a wee business, just beginning to blossom. It’s a rough world out there, and someone’s gotta have your back.
That’s why I’ve created The Creative Spark Society. I named it this because I want us to become the spark that launches a creative revolution. And I chose society because…well it sounded cooler than club, and honestly it gives me daydreams of a steampunk sort of ensemble, meeting to discuss creative visions and such…and I’m totally down for that.
Interested? Okay, here’s what you should know.
What You’ll Get:
- A sisterhood of super supportive creative women
- Space to share ideas without fear of ridicule
- Feedback from me multiple times a week
- Weekly motivational videos
- Actionable ideas to build your business, and strengthen your work-life balance
- A monthly call with your creative soul-sisters for extra collaboration
- Opportunities to promote your offerings & be spotlighted
Each month I’ll choose a different topic (and it will be announced in advance, so you can decide if you’re interested or not), and based on that topic I’ll post a weekly video in the Facebook group. I’ll be in the group several times a week to answer questions, and post challenges. At the end of the month, we’ll have a group call to answer more questions, and get to know each other a bit.
I understand that finances are a yucky topic when you’re getting started, so I want to make this easy on you. I know you’re sick and tired of being told “if you really wanted to do it, you could make it happen” cause you know it’s crap. You’re trying to pay off your credit cards, not add to your debt. You already stretch your paychecks as far as they can go. And that whole “just don’t drink as much Starbucks thing”?
But you know it’s time to play bigger. You know that you’ve got a calling, and it’s been welling up inside of you. You dream of making a difference, and adding beauty to the world. You ache from your desire to touch people’s hearts. And you’re ready to give of yourself generously.
With that in mind, I’m pricing this at $35 a month. 15% of it goes to World Vision micro loan program. This program helps women in Africa, Asia, or Latin America get their businesses up & running.*
*Sales will be tallied at the end of the month, and 15% will be donated in lump sum to the World Vision micro loan for a woman program.
So for $35 a month, you get to join a group of visionary women who totally get you, access to me for all your creative business questions, suggestions for building your empire, and a monthly group call with your fellow society sisters.